A spring thaw can bring out some annoying pests that can delay or harm business operations. From being a nuisance to employees to leaving a less than a favourable impression on customers, pests can wreak havoc and even be a safety hazard. Much like the springtime cleaning we do in our homes, your office buildings will only benefit from getting ahead of the pests. That’s where Truly Nolen comes in.
Truly Nolen’s IPM Solutions
Integrated Pest Management (I.P.M) is a comprehensive commercial pest control strategy that combines tools and techniques to contain, remove and eliminate pests from causing infestations and contamination. To achieve this, IPM uses 5 steps, which include:
- Inspection – A thorough examination of the premises following a consultation with the customer. This forms the basis of the action plan and helps identify all vulnerabilities which need to be addressed.
- Determination – Our technicians devise a strategy with the customer to create a plan that effectively targets their existing infestation and adds security to hinder any future ones.
- Identification – A deeper examination will be conducted to ensure all pests are being considered and the foundations of the building will be checked by the technicians before executing the agreed upon plan of action.
- Control and Prevention – At this stage, the necessary treatment will be executed in a cautious and meticulous manner by the technicians ensuring no damage exists to the surrounding areas or the building itself.
- Communication – Once the treatment is complete, the technician will sit down with the customer once again to discuss his final findings, precautionary steps and curated methods that can be used by the customer to ensure the infestation is successful.
Through IPM, Truly Nolen is able to provide effective solutions for most insects, including: ants, flies, spiders, bees, wasps, ticks, rodents and mosquitoes. To provide holistic commercial pest control solutions, specialized programs for restaurants and stored products are available as well to follow regulations and best practices. With that said, Truly Nolen believes prevention is the best form of protection against an infestation. Therefore it’s important to take a look at a few tips to springtime pest control you can implement beforehand.
How To Control Pests In Your Building
Don’t Feed Them
All living things need food to survive. A simple preventative measure is to not allow pests easy access to food or water. If you have any food items available, ensure they are stored properly and are properly sealed. Water should be cleaned up as soon as possible. Be sure to inspect for leaks within sinks, pipes and water lines. Additionally, you’ll want to cover up any cracks or openings that can become nests or opening for insects and animals. Repair damaged screens and fill out wall cracks.
Get A Lid On Things
What is considered waste for you can be food or shelter for pests; therefore garbage has a particular lure for them. You’ll want to ensure all trash is covered and sealed within trash bags before being properly disposed off on a regular basis. It also might be worth considering to place the trash away from the building thereby reducing chances of contamination.
Make Spring Cleaning A Company Priority
Pests will find any location to hide; therefore making tidiness an important element in keeping them in the bay. A building-wide policy to ensure the clean-up of work areas should be implemented. Pay special attention to the bathroom, eating areas, and high traffic areas.
Using the above mentioned tips, you’ll be able to keep pests at bay and reduce the risk of strains to your operations. Successful prevention coupled with timely inspections by trained technicians will ensure infestations are caught before they happen. Contact Truly Nolen to get your commercial pest control inspection started.