Understanding insect and animal behaviour is key to Truly Nolen’s continued decades of success in the pest control industry, leading the way with their environmentally conscious materials and more holistic approach to the situation at hand. With fall fast approaching, your home can quickly become the bullseye for pests such as rats, mice, spiders, ants, and cockroaches, making your home their home. Seeking shelter from the cold, these insects and rodents will actively seek out warmth, food, shelter, and moisture, to ensure their safety and survival during the winter’s icy cold. Now although there are some preventative measures that one can take to stave off these insect invaders, once they have made themselves comfortable, calling your Truly Nolen pest control professionals is about the only thing you can do.
Home Prevention Measures
It is important that one takes preventative measure to help keep these pests at bay, as they do have the potential to cause more than just a few spider webs in the corner. Rats and mice are disease-carrying vermin that have the ability to spread diseases such as Salmonella and Hantavirus.
Cockroaches are another allergy and asthma triggering insects that love making their nests near moisture, making the bathrooms and kitchen their ideal hiding place. Although the majority of house spiders are harmless, there are a small few that can pose a real danger, specifically the Black Widow spider.
If you would like to be proactive and begin to secure your home from pests, there are some simple measures you can take:
- Sealing cracks and holes around the foundation of your home, as well as utility pipes and other dime-sized holes, will help to prevent rodents from entering your home.
- Replacing old and worn weather strips on doors and windows, while storing wood piles at least 20-feet from your home will add invasion protection.
- Clear away old clutter and store boxes off the floor
- Fixe all leaky pipes and clogged drains to help prevent moisture build-up that would otherwise attract cockroaches and ants.
The Truly Nolen Insect Control Program
Through their understanding of the seasonal behaviour of pests, Truly Nolen has the unique ability to apply their proactive pest control measures efficiently and effectively. Understanding these behaviours allows Truly Nolen to apply their series of high-quality and environmentally conscious materials that minimizes an insects pesticide resistance over time. As we enter Fall, your Truly Nolen pest control technician will define and establish a barrier around your home, applying materials to pathways used by insects to access your home. The Truly Nolen Insect Program for Fall includes:
- Caulking of door and window entry points and the removal of all spider webs.
- Apply a dust treatment to all exterior entry points, which include the attic access and utility boxes.
- Placed rodent monitoring stations as they may be needed.
- Treat exterior hot spots that provide food and shelter for the pests.
- Treat thick grass, wooded bark areas, mulch, rock beds, and similar decorative structure with granular baits to suppress the spread of pests.
With the Truly Nolen Insect Control Program, your fall infestation worries are a thing of the past. Our pest control professionals have the knowledge, materials, and experience to handle any and all Fall insect invasions. Keeping you, your family, and your property safe during the upcoming cold months.