When bed bugs enter your home, removing them can be a nightmare. The process is time-consuming and often difficult to manage on your own. That’s why Truly Nolen is right there with you every step of the way. Bed bug control in Niagara is made easier by our trained technicians; however, to ensure the long-term effectiveness of the treatment, there are a few things that you will need to follow up with after removal.
Bed Bug Removal Process
Founded in 1938, Truly Nolen has over 80 years of experience providing pest control services in across 30 countries. The company earned the status of a market leader by employing expert technicians within the field and continually innovating to raise the standards of pest control.
When it comes to bed bug control in Niagara, Truly Nolen offers specialized services for getting rid of these pesky uninvited critters from your residential and commercial properties. We take great pride in the effectiveness of our protocols and treatments to keep your home free of pests such as bed bugs.
For its residential pest control service, Truly Nolen’s Four Seasons Pest Solution is the ultimate solution for containing and eliminating pests in an environmentally responsible method.
Why four seasons? Pests pose a year-round threat, but their behaviour changes with the seasons. With this pest treatment plan, technicians will be able to use targeted techniques with the most effective treatment technologies and materials to deliver a pest-free home. For bed bugs, this approach allows for eliminating eggs, nymphs and adult bugs making it one of the most effective forms of pest control services. For a typical infestation, the process involves:
- Inspection and Identification – Our trained technicians will assess the infestation and identify all hotspots where the bugs may be residing or hiding.
- Control Measures – The team will recommend pre-treatment containment and prevention measures which need to be adhered to.
- Treatment – On the day of the treatment, technicians will use high pressure misting systems to treat your bedding, furniture, cracks and crevices, and wall voids. Lastly, moisture sensitive materials (such as paintings and books) are treated through an aerosol treatment in plastic bags. The bags are meant to remain sealed until bed bugs have been eliminated.
- Installation of Encasement System – Post-treatment, Truly Nolen will provide mattress and box frame encasements to avoid reinfestation or new bed bugs from finding their way into your bed.
- Follow-up Inspection – A technician will typically follow-up in 7-10 days to re-inspect the environment and perform additional treatments if required.
Steps to Keep Your Home Bug-Free
Once your initial treatment procedure has been completed, you should avoid entering your home for at least 4 hours. With our encasements, you’ll be able to sleep on your bed bite-free and protected from any surviving bugs until the follow-up inspection.
For your peace of mind, you can set up such sticky traps or interceptors for monitoring bed bug activity, or the lack thereof. To avoid a re-infestation and ensure the effectiveness of treatment, you should re-inspect all identifiable sources of the bugs and avoid the introduction of infested items. All clothing should be dry-cleaned on the highest heat setting before re-introduction. Any belongings moved out of your home prior to the treatment, poses a risk of re-infestation and should not be brought back unless treated.
Lastly, follow-up inspections are a crucial part of the treatment plan and should not be ignored. It can be the most important step to fend off against surviving bugs or newly hatched eggs. Therefore, do allow technicians to examine your house thoroughly and carry out any additional misting.
Truly Nolen offers controlled and effective bed bug control in Niagara to help you get some bite-free sleep. If you have questions or need a consultation regarding an infestation in your home, call us to set up a consultation.