How to Get Rid of Spiders
Spiders eat other insects, so protecting your home from other types of insects and keeping a tidy home can often times be the first line of defense against spiders indoors.
There are several steps you can take as a homeowner to help prevent a spider infestation in the home.
Tips for Indoors
- Remove clutter inside the home, like piles of laundry, storage boxes, containers or stacks of books and toys. This ensures spiders have less places in which to hide.
- Thoroughly vacuum any areas where spiders or spider webs are found using the wand attachment to ensure you get all the small cracks and crevices.
- Keep pet food tightly covered and don’t leave food bowls out all day.
Tips for Outdoors
- Take your broom and sweep down any webs you see around your house paying special attention to the eaves of the house.
- Seal all exterior cracks as best as possible paying special attention to doorways, window casings, basement walls and door frames.
- Trim back trees, bushes or other vegetation that can be found touching the walls of the home.
- Remove piles of wood or rotting leaves and other vegetation from around the foundation of the home.
- Keep trash bins away from the house, spiders will often lurk near them in hopes of preying on other insects.