Professional bed bug control must have crossed your mind if you’ve ever had dealings with the little pesky critters. Bed bugs are disgusting to see in your home, in addition to the fact that they represent a health hazard. They are on the rise throughout the world, and especially in commercial hotels and residential homes. Because springtime is ideal for traveling after a long and cold winter, the chances of infestations spreading as a result also go up. Here is everything you need to know about bed bug control during spring travel.
Bed Bug Control: What Is Bed Bug Season?
Contrary to popular belief, there is a time of year that is referred to as the “bed bug season.” This period starts around the end of each April and ends around early November. When you’re traveling, it is a good idea to be well informed about where bed bugs tend to hide and spend time. If you are staying at a hotel, you need to be aware that it is a high traffic location. These places always carry a risk of having a bed bug infestation, which is why you need to be very careful when staying at a hotel, especially during bed bug season.
Bed Bug Control: Avoiding Bed Bugs In Hotels
When staying in hotels, there is plenty you can do to prevent bed bug hitchhikers from coming back to your home with you. Among the various things you can check, here are some of the most important ones:
• Consult The Bed Bug Registry in order to check whether your hotel of choice has ever had a report of a bed bug problem before
• Call and talk with the hotel manager; ask them if they’ve ever had a bed bug problem and also ask for information about their bed bug prevention strategies and treatment
• BEFORE you check in, perform a highly detailed inspection of your hotel room. Look for signs of a bed bug infestation
• Remember to leave your luggage in your car until you complete the room inspection
• Upon returning home from your spring or summer trip, wash and dry all your clothes and inspect your luggage BEFORE you bring it anywhere near your home
Bed Bug Control Done Right: The Truly Nolen Way
The absolute best way to deal with a bed bug infestation in your home is to call in the professionals. When it comes to an effective and reliable professional bed bug treatment, rest assured that Truly Nolen is the way to go. Truly Nolen has been in the pest control business for more than 75 years and has successfully helped more than 100,000 homeowners to date. It only uses the healthiest and most environmentally friendly pest removal techniques and methods, so call Truly Nolen today and ensure your home is free of disgusting bed bugs.