Pests are more than a simple nuisance for the average homeowner, and they do more than simply bite and cause a rash. During the summer, many bug species swarm around human homes, drawn with light, heat, moisture and the smell of food. Depending on the condition of your home and the environment you live in, you could experience a full scale bug infestation. Here are some of the most frequent pest species in average Canada homes and some tips for controlling them by Truly Nolen.
Which Bugs are Most Likely to Attack Your Home?
Summer and fall tend to be the seasons during which bugs are most likely to appear everywhere you look. Still, some of the species are a greater nuisance than others. Here are some of them:
- Mosquitoes – There are numerous ways to repel mosquitos, but they’re almost impossible to avoid in homes with high traffic. Some of the ways to keep them out include screening windows and using mild repellents (spray or electric), but they’ll still find their way in. Truly Nolen recommends removing all sources of stale water around your home because this is where mosquitos nest and lay eggs.
- Ticks – Ticks can be dangerous because you often won’t discover them before they already attached to your skin, and it’s risky to remove them on your own. They most often appear in households with domestic animals, and chemical treatments, along with regular mowing and bush trimming, are a good way to keep them under control.
- Flies and moths. These annoying insects are ever-present, but become a major problem when they overpopulate in a home. Cleaning and regular maintenance are the only way to keep them out of your home.
- Roaches, bed bugs, and termites. These insects fall into a more dangerous category, as they can do damage to the home infrastructure. They reproduce fast, and one colony can grow up to dozens, or even hundreds, during a very short time. It takes careful maintenance to prevent them from nesting in your home. In case they do get inside, you’ll need the help of a professional to get rid of them.
- Worms. Different types of worms can attack wooden furniture, floors and the infrastructure of the house. They’re particularly dangerous because you won’t notice them before they cause substantial damage. In case of a worm infestation, you’ll need a professional to apply insecticides in order to get rid of the entire population inside your home.
Do You Suspect a Pest Infestation in Your Home? Truly Nolen Canada Can Help
If you’re noticing dead bugs inside your home, damage to the floors or your furniture, as well as an excessively large number of insects, your home probably got infested with insects. If this happened, a serious intervention is necessary in order to get the pests out. Truly Nolen provides a wide range of services, such as inspection, preventive pest control, and sustainable pest remove.