There are numerous things you can do to avoid pest infestations, but also a number of things you can do wrong, and make matters even worse. If you are willing to be proactive about pest protection, that is a wise decision. This, however, doesn’t mean you should try and handle every situation on your own. In some cases, calling a reliable pest control company like Truly Nolen is the best decision.
What Should You Do To Control Pests During the Summer?
Some of the efficient strategies to battle pest intruders include:
- Replacing the weather-stripping around your windows and repairing loose mortar around your foundations.
- Clearing out kitchen counters and keeping food in sealed containers.
- Remove any sources of standing water around your home.
- Trim and maintain your landscape.
- Clear out the landscape to remove any spots that pests could use to hide.
- Set up spouts and trains to direct the water away from your home.
- Maintain and dry out basements, crawl spaces and attics. Make sure they’re well ventilated.
- Throw out fruits and veggies that are overripe.
What You Shouldn’t Do if You Want To Keep Pests Away From Your Home
There are several things an average homeowner should avoid doing as to not draw the pests inside the home. Some of our daily habits and failure to address the warning signs often lead to infestations. Here’s what you should avoid doing if you don’t want pests to attack your home:
- Leave dishes of pet food outside for long.
- Let the garbage pile up inside and outside of your home.
- Leave piles of dirty dishes inside your sink.
- Store firewood and other building materials near your house.
- Set up sprinklers to spray water directly towards the foundation of your home.
- Allow excessive moisture to pile up inside and around your home.
Do You Need a Reliable Pest Control Service to Help With a Pest Infestation? Truly Nolen Canada Can Help
If you suspect a pest infestation in your home, pay attention to signs of wood decay, unexplainable spots on the floor and around the corners of the walls, as well as dead insects. All of these could be the signs that your home is under attack by pests.
The most important thing to avoid doing is trying to remove the bugs on your own. If you feel like there are too many bugs in your home for you to handle, you should call a reliable pest control service. Truly Nolen Canada works with a team of certified technicians who will inspect your home and suggest the right measures to get rid of the bugs. After a successful removal, they will also suggest repairs to your home to ensure the infestation won’t happen again.